- Implementation of the San Diego transit model dividing the Port Authority into a bus agency with rail operations under a separate Regional Rail Authority.
- Establish a transit philosophy of using transit as an enhancement for the region's traditional, pedestrian-based communities.
- Halt the extension of the East Busway and undertake conversion of all PAT busways to rail service.
- "Timed transfers" between transit connections.
- "Zero tolerance" for vandalism and graffiti — no vehicle goes into service until repaired.
- Enclosed shelters, especially for rail stations and major bus stops.
- Phase in of low floor cars for rail (and buses where feasible).
- Improved pedestrian access to transit stops.
- Posting of schedules at major stops w/ later installation of electronic information terminals (with trip routing capabilities) beginning with the major rail stations and largest bus stops
|PANDA Home||Platform Main Page||Present -vs- Panda|
|FAQ||Things to Come||Participation|